Sunday, July 17, 2005

Bad David

So recently, a guy I exchanged numbers with told me (when he called) flat out that he felt that men out-ranked women. That was our one and only conversation. His name was - could you guess from the title of the blog? - David. Dubbed, 'Bad David' to distinguish him from the several nice David's that I know. That was several weeks ago - we met at Kroger. Now, I've been back to that Kroger several times without seeing him, but today - when I wasn't in the best of moods - I stopped in for some comfort food, and guess who shouts me out at the entrance. That's right. Bad David.

I wanted to tell him that he doesn't want a girl to date, he wants someone to wipe his ass for him when his mama won't do it anymore, but instead I just said 'what's up', shot him a 'does hell go with no?' look that told him I didn't care what was up, and headed straight for the desert isle.

It might seem like I was rude, but if someone told you 'everything in life has rank, I can't imagine how you don't see it with men and women' and 'if you don't agree with me, then you need to do some more studying' and 'there are certain roles a woman has to fill' (with respect to working all day and then coming home and doing all the child-rearing, cooking and cleaning), oh and the classic 'I'm right, and you know I'm right. You just don't want to admit it.'

I'm surprised he had the nerve to speak.

Please. I need a man that can wipe his own ass.

No comments: