Saturday, July 23, 2005

Here goes...

This is prob. too much information, but I'm going to write it anyway.

So I took a personality test online to pass the time. It calculated not only my personality type but also my 'love style'. Apparently, my personality type is 'Creator'- meaning i'm imaginative, sensitive, (basically, I'm creative) - and my 'love style' (if such a thing exists) is 'Sensible' - meaning I have to have things practical and reasonable when it comes to love. The profile felt the need to inform me that it is unusual to exibit characteristics of the Creator and have a Sensible love style because Creators are usually of the Romantic type. The program reconciled the difference by saying that I had very likely had my heart broken. It said I probably underwent some kind of 'evolution' to get to the point where I had this 'pragmatic' approach to love.

Ain't that a bitch? That thing knew all my business....I guess I knew that I had changed, but to have some stupid test pick that up, I started to wonder how much. And it made me kind of upset, because I used to find a lot of hope in being a romantic person. I use to believe, like the Romantics of the quiz, that "ultimately...destiny would deliver a love that most people can only dream about." And all I had to do was wrestle with my impatience.

I used to dream of that love at night and wake up feeling it could come true. But now, I dream those dreams...then I wake up and put it out of my head and call myself being realistic. But I lost something.

Sensible is boring.

But safe.

...Right?

No comments: