Sunday, November 13, 2005

Grace & The Good-Confused Guy

Besides the grace I offered to myself and to my friend (good thing I gave her grace. She definitely used it), I gave grace to a third person this weekend who shall remain nameless. yeah. you definitely got grace.

So anyway, I was recently reminded of an article that was in the Talking Drum (a Duke undergraduate publication) a year or two ago. It outlined the kinds of guys as (I might be missing one, but these three are pretty interesting) The Player, the Genuinely-Good Guy, and the Good-Confused Guy. The player usually just puts it out there right from the start; I'm not about trying to have a serious relationship, I'm just trying to have a good time, etc. The Genuinely-Good Guy is the one that gets over-looked. Think about the cute, fun, funny and pretty much all around great guy that you know that you just don't want even though you can't articulate why. The Good-Confused Guy, however, is a good guy at heart, but he is - as the name implies - confused. He is unclear about what he wants - a relationship or dating, distance or no distance, you or someone else, etc. This guy is the most dangerous because, since he's a good guy, you feel safe with him; you don't expect a good person to hurt you for no clear reason. Also, this guy, since there's good in him, makes you hold out hope that you wouldn't hold out for a 'player'; he'll get over his confusion, he'll come around, he'll chose me over that hook-up etc. The fact of the matter is that you never know what a confused good guy is going to do.
Just like most women, I often happen to find myself attracted to the Good-Confused Guy. That's something I definitely need to work on.

No comments: