Monday, January 23, 2006

I lied, i read 3 blogs

I read my ex's every now and then. But I read it so infrequently that I forgot about it when I was mentioning blogs I read. Speaking of him, guys, and relationships (including friendships) in general, I thought about the fact that I've had a lot of, as Alberto put it, 'valleys' in that department over the last 5 years. College is hills and valleys, and I, admittedly had my share of valleys. It's easy to feel a little jaded after all of that. As I sat thinking about this in French class today I realized the solution to the problem of becoming jaded; think only in French. Being as I just started french as a new language back in july (before that I'd been in Spanish since junior high) I don't yet know any conditional or past tenses. Currently, I can only really convey what I'm doing right now, what I'm going to do, or what I wish to do in the future. I have no words for the past and no words for could've, should've or would've. Sounds good to me.

No comments: