Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Tired and Happy

I couldn't write last night because Day 2 of TAW had me wondering how I was going to make it through a full week, let alone 2 more weeks after that. But, I even though I'm in class every day til 9, I don't regret the class because I love it :) First of all, Ogletree is amazing - an excellent lawyer, teacher, and presenter. Secondly, the judges, attorneys and professors working in the program are intelligent, insightful and fun. And I see in them many things that remind me why I came to law school and why I want to be a good lawyer.

It would've been MUCH easier to take this in the winter as I had originally planned. I could've focused on just TAW. Buuuut, Ogletree would not have been teaching it, and I would not have meet so many intelligent, beautiful black people! At Duke, I barely had any black teachers until I learned to seek them out. And certainly very very few who were black and female. Here at HLS we've got Lani Guinier. ....and that would be it. But the fall TAW staff is very diverse, and it does my spirit good to learn from people who look a little more like me. I feel much more connected to the course than I have in any other class since I've been here. *beams*

So, yea I'm exhausted. I come home late from TAW and do more work for TAW. I feel like I've been in two weeks worth of classes and it's only be 3 days. But I'm tired and happy. And that's a rarity here at hls.

No comments: