Thursday, March 24, 2005

I miss classical music

Everybody wants me to sing soul....which is nice sometimes to. But what I really wish is that someone would ask me to sing the kind of music I learned how to sing first....

Love's Philosophy

The fountains mingle with the river
And the rivers with the ocean
The winds of heaven mix forever
With a sweet motion
Nothing in the world is single
All things by a law divine
In one another's being mingle
Why not I with thine?
Not I with thine....

See the mountains kiss high heaven
And the waves clasp one another
No sister flower would be forgiven
If it disdained its brother

And the sunlight clasps the earth
And the moonbeams kiss the sea
What are all these kissings worth
If thou, If thou kiss not me?



Author's kinda reachin, ain't he
Guess that's kinda what it feels like sometimes, though

No comments: