Monday, April 30, 2007

I even overthink my problem of overthinking!

Ok, I'm sad 1L year is ending - just a little - because I really like my new friends and I'm getting all nostalgic. Suddenly everything is nicer when it's almost over, and I have the luxury of feeling like I might miss being a 1L a little bit when I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. But, it's just that...it's just nice to be new. I read my entry from when I visited harvard and I went on about how it's nice to be somewhere where I don't already know an uncomfortable amount about people and they don't know too much about me; where I'm not tempted to give anyone second chances etc etc. But joining the drama society here automatically made me privy to a constant stream of TMI, and I'm not really down for second chances anymore anyway. I think I'm almost at the other extreme - and this is not a good thing - and I barely want to give people chances at all, let alone a second one. Anyway, it's weird that I'll be gone all summer though, b/c law school is so consuming and for a summer I'll be disconnected from it. I've been a little indecisive lately, which I don't think generally describes me and I don't know what's up with that. Maybe it's just that it feels like something big is coming to a close, and people always act stupid when they feel like something is almost over and they won't have to stick around and be accountable. But I also overthink things, so I'm going to try to just go with my instincts and do what I feel is best as it comes. It can't be that stupid if you go with how you really feel. Well, that's clearly false, but I'm going to stand by it anyway.

No comments: