Tuesday, April 24, 2007

I think it would be interesting...

...to have a day where I told everyone what I really thought of them. Generally, I pride myself on interacting with people in ways that show them how I really feel about them - I only warmly greet those who I feel warmly toward. I can show basic nice-ness to almost anybody, but that's just being polite. I do hate it though, when I have to be nice to someone I dislike, or someone who made me feel bad about myself. Being basically polite to someone I don't care one way or the other about is cool, but I really don't like having to pretend I like someone and I'm secretly thinking all kinds of negative things in their presence or right after they leave. It's rare; it only happens when I don't want someone to know they've hurt me. Joni Mitchell said 'now it's just another show; you leave them laughing when you go. And if you care, don't let it show - don't give yourself away." But why is it always the most important thing to make sure people think they didn't effect you?

1 comment:

undo button said...

omg that's so weird!! i've been playing that song on my guitar non-stop. i love that song! i think she was being ironic and tragic when she sang that line.